eXTReMe Tracker WARNING: The opinions expressed and linked to in this blog are not necessarily mine (anymore).

My ideas are constantly changing as I learn. Sometimes they even change midway through writing a post.

Monday, May 19

Headaches and Migraine

This site has an interesting list of different contributors to headaches. I'd love to get some comments from people who've had difficulties with headaches and what has helped (and what hasn't helped too).

*Comments*
I see chiropractic cure headaches day in and day out


Posted By: Stephen Trapani 6/19/2003 4:18:58 PM

In Safari your links look just like other text.


Posted By: Elliot Temple 6/7/2003 2:27:29 AM

This won''t make sense for you, I think, but caffeine is the best cure for the migraines I sometimes get. Migraine for me means visual disturbances (funny holes in my vision with kaleidoscope edges), followed by the sensation of having a needle jabbed into my eyeball(s) through the back of my skull and my brain, followed by head pain so debilitating that I cannot move, followed by a bout or two or three of vomiting, followed by sleep... Bright light and lound noises make everything worse throughout.

Tylenol and aspirin do nothing. Advil brings on extra puking. Hot baths, showers, massage, and relaxation exercises mellow the pain and sometimes enable me to skip the vomiting stage. One cup of coffee, early on, and I''m totally fine. Of course, I actually avoid caffeine the rest of the time... I''ve also heard that chiropractic work can help, or acupuncture. I''m not sure how to test that out unless you''re on really friendly terms with a chiropractor or an acupuncturist.

Oh yes, you said below that you get them about once a month? Mine are, I''m almost positive, hormonal (I get them when my body is gearing up to start ovulating again, not when I''ve got a regularish period). Might want to check on the possible hormone connection as well. I''ve also hear food allergies and seasonal changes can trigger migraines.

Anyway, good luck with this.


Posted By: Dawn Frank 6/4/2003 7:33:33 PM

High doses of paracetamol or tylenol.


Posted By: Leo 5/21/2003 4:50:28 AM

No comments: