eXTReMe Tracker WARNING: The opinions expressed and linked to in this blog are not necessarily mine (anymore).

My ideas are constantly changing as I learn. Sometimes they even change midway through writing a post.

Wednesday, January 5

Brain in a Dish - more from CogNews

UF SCIENTIST: “BRAIN” IN A DISH ACTS AS AUTOPILOT, LIVING COMPUTER Wow! In summary, a small mass of brain matter from a rat has learned to fly a simulated plane sucessfully. I hadn't realized just how much progress had been made in computer and cognitive science. It never occurred to me to do such a thing or that it could be made to work.

It reminds me of something from Star Trek: Voyager. The ship's computer was made partly from "gel packs that contain bioneural cells that organize information more efficiently and speed up response time" (see Bioneural circuitry.

No comments: