eXTReMe Tracker WARNING: The opinions expressed and linked to in this blog are not necessarily mine (anymore).

My ideas are constantly changing as I learn. Sometimes they even change midway through writing a post.

Thursday, June 2

The Chemistry of Trust

"Swiss and American scientists demonstrate in new experiments how a squirt of the hormone oxytocin stimulates trusting behavior in humans, and they acknowledge that the possibility of abuse can't be ignored."

I've heard the argument that hormones and "chemistry" can't be held accountable for human behavior - that a person's ideas and/or "will" determines what they will do. I'm not sure what to think of it all. I think hormones/chemistry can greatly affect how a person reacts emotionally to things. Still, a person can decide to act differently than their emotions would suggest. I think it takes a lot of work and awareness to act against ones emotions. Or habit.

No comments: