eXTReMe Tracker WARNING: The opinions expressed and linked to in this blog are not necessarily mine (anymore).

My ideas are constantly changing as I learn. Sometimes they even change midway through writing a post.

Wednesday, June 22

Happy Anniversary

Seventeen years ago today, on a Wednesday like today, I met the love of my life. I wanted to say something warm and positive and caring even though he's not really in my life anymore, but I don't feel it.

It feels like he's gone now. At least, although he's alive in body, it doesn't feel like the person I knew then exists anymore. Then again, maybe I just never really knew him. I wanted to feel positive about this, that it was a good time and now I'm just on to other things. I do, mostly. I guess I'm making the mistake of having regrets.

I wonder what my life would be like had I made different choices. It feels like I made some less than optimal ones early on and that they are affecting everything such that I must continue to make less optimal choices for the rest of my life. I don't think it has to be that way, but I don't see a way out just yet.

No comments: