eXTReMe Tracker WARNING: The opinions expressed and linked to in this blog are not necessarily mine (anymore).

My ideas are constantly changing as I learn. Sometimes they even change midway through writing a post.

Tuesday, August 16

News - Byrd: School Isn't Too Cool for Constitution

I remember learning about quite a bit about the constitution throughout school. I was interested in the subject, and I remember being quizzed over the amendments - which ones covered what. It's hard to remember the details now - including what some of the amendments address. I doubt one day a year is going to have much impact in that sense. Still, even if I don't remember details, I do remember that there's no constitutional amendment against flag burning and that free speech is supposed to be protected.

A few years ago, I took a class on the constitution from Michael Badnarik. It was very interesting, informative and a bit weird. I'll try to dig up the class materials sometime and discuss it more. One thing I really liked about it was the nice pocket-sized copy of the constitution. I carried it around in my purse for a long time as spare reading material.

I think the reason I don't remember much is that I don't spend all my time thinking about it. Maybe if started looking for ways in which one law or the other is being respected (or broken), I'd remember. It seems like it'd be an exercise in frustration...

No comments: