eXTReMe Tracker WARNING: The opinions expressed and linked to in this blog are not necessarily mine (anymore).

My ideas are constantly changing as I learn. Sometimes they even change midway through writing a post.

Saturday, August 13

Personality Test

Apparently, I have some problems with my personality.

I've read that psychologists and psychiatrists get interested in the field because of their own problems. Judging by my scores, maybe that explains my interest in the field too. I hope not.

I think some of the questions were a bit misleading. I believe, for example, that I can sometimes notice someone is standing behind me without being consciously aware of seeing, touching, smelling, or hearing them. I don't think there's some "supernatural" explanation for that. It could be that I did sense them in one of those ways but the perception was very subtle (maybe they really did make some very slight noise and I just wasn't consciously aware of hearing it). I've read about sleep patterns being affected by light shined on the back of people's knees. I don't know if that's really true, but it could be that there are more ways we "sense" things than we know about just yet. It's NOT a magical belief because I fully expect that any of those things would ultimately be explainable in scientific terms.

I wasn't sure precisely what the question meant, but I answered as if I believed in extrasensory perception because I was thinking about possible as-yet unexplained ways of sensing, so there's a claim that I have magical thinking. In reality, that's pretty off-base. There were several other questions which could have been answered one way or the other depending on what was really meant by the question.

Disorder Rating
Paranoid: Low
Schizoid: Moderate
Schizotypal: Very High
Antisocial: Low
Borderline: Moderate
Histrionic: High
Narcissistic: High
Avoidant: High
Dependent: High
Obsessive-Compulsive: High

URL for more info: http://www.4degreez.com/disorder/index.html

1 comment:

Steve D said...

I got:

Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Low
Schizoid: High
Schizotypal: High
Antisocial: Low
Borderline: Low
Histrionic: Moderate
Narcissistic: Moderate
Avoidant: Low
Dependent: Low
Obsessive-Compulsive: Low

To be honest, as a Taoist I can't help but see many aspects of the schizoid 'disorder', and some of those of schizotypal, as very positive things - the silly psychiatrists don't know what they're talking about, as usual.