eXTReMe Tracker WARNING: The opinions expressed and linked to in this blog are not necessarily mine (anymore).

My ideas are constantly changing as I learn. Sometimes they even change midway through writing a post.

Tuesday, September 6

Phenylephrine hydrochloride

I'm stuck at home recovering from strep. I wasn't planning on being home today. I went to work feeling ok except for a sore throat. I felt so bad yesterday, though, that I decided to get an appointment in case it was some sort of infection. The doctor took one look at my throat and told me to go home and take antibiotics, a decongestant, Ibuprofen, lots of fluids, and a few days of bed rest.

According to the wiki entry on it, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride is being made unavailable on the shelves. It's still available from pharmacies with an ID. It seems that the chemical composition was so similar to methamphetamine that people were buying and/or stealing it to make meth.

I guess that explains why I couldn't find any on the shelves. I wasn't sure about taking a drug I hadn't researched yet, but I decided the annoying side effects of Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride (for me, dizziness, nervousness/hyperness, and heart palpitations) were likely worse than the effects this new drug would likely have. So far, I detect any of the old side effects. I'm definitely going to give it a try next time I have a cold.

No comments: