eXTReMe Tracker WARNING: The opinions expressed and linked to in this blog are not necessarily mine (anymore).

My ideas are constantly changing as I learn. Sometimes they even change midway through writing a post.

Thursday, January 26

Happy Birthday!

I don't think she reads this, so I'll post it elsewhere for her eyes later. I remember the day she was born. I was ten years old and my oldest sister woke me up to tell me that my Mom had gone to the hospital late the night before and that the baby might have even been born by now. Not long after, we found out that we had a new baby sister. We all cheered and were very happy about the news as our youngest brother's antics had us all hoping for a girl.

I remember visiting her at the hospital and thinking she was one of the prettiest babies I'd seen. I remember little bits about holding her, changing her diapers, feeding her, bathing her, teaching her to bathe herself, teaching her the alphabet, how to count to ten in Spanish, how to pout more effectively... "Your lip isn't quite sticking down low enough. Do it like this."

She remembers me teaching her to read and more Spanish. She's still a fanatical reader and is quite sure I am responsible for it. I don't remember teaching her to read. I didn't know I even knew how to do that then, but I can believe that my enthusiasm for it might have rubbed off on her a little.

Anyhow, now she's got her own little ones to look after, and it's making me feel very old.

1 comment:

Leo said...

Happy Birthday Becky's baby sister. :)

"Your lip isn't quite sticking down low enough. Do it like this."

LOL!