eXTReMe Tracker WARNING: The opinions expressed and linked to in this blog are not necessarily mine (anymore).

My ideas are constantly changing as I learn. Sometimes they even change midway through writing a post.

Sunday, January 8

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte - Getting Started

I don't have much time to read fiction, but a dear friend gave it to me, so I'm making my way through it slowly.

Her style has some understatement and vagueness. She also uses so many words to describe things that I lose track of what she's talking about sometimes. The vocabulary, while mostly understandable to me, still has enough unusual words in it that I think I may be missing out on some of the meaning. I don't generally like to interrupt the flow of a story to look up words, so it gets a bit frustrating at times. On the positive side, when I do manage to get the meaning of some long-winded passage, it can feel a bit like having solved a puzzle - something I tend to enjoy.

No comments: