eXTReMe Tracker WARNING: The opinions expressed and linked to in this blog are not necessarily mine (anymore).

My ideas are constantly changing as I learn. Sometimes they even change midway through writing a post.

Wednesday, April 12

Joyful Living and Unschooling

The unschooling philosophy is that people will learn what they need to learn by living life freely and joyfully in an environment that supports who they are and is rich enough for them to both explore their interests and stumble across new interests.

I'm not sure that I agree with this. Even if it were true, the problem then remains with providing an environment that fully supports and is rich enough for a child to really learn what he or she needs to know. In any case, I just wanted to put a link to the site because it does a pretty thorough job of presenting unschooling and how to go about it.

No comments: