eXTReMe Tracker WARNING: The opinions expressed and linked to in this blog are not necessarily mine (anymore).

My ideas are constantly changing as I learn. Sometimes they even change midway through writing a post.

Wednesday, April 12

Truth and Knowledge

What is truth?
Is it the same as "what is"? Does that make it a tautology? Is it an aspect of reality?
Is it only meaningful to speak of truth in the context of knowledge?
Is truth "knowledge of reality"?
What is knowledge?
Knowledge is the possession of ideas that are true?? Knowledge consists of an idea or ideas that are true?

Sometimes I think of knowledge as a recreation of reality or a "virtual reality". I suppose it could be part of a recreation of reality. That's not exactly accurate as I don't think a physical model of reality would be considered knowledge - unless it's within a brain ... or a computer... or a book.

No comments: