eXTReMe Tracker WARNING: The opinions expressed and linked to in this blog are not necessarily mine (anymore).

My ideas are constantly changing as I learn. Sometimes they even change midway through writing a post.

Tuesday, October 24

FlyLady Day 1

Judging by the state of the clutter in my home, I'm in dire need of some housecleaning inspiration. A long time ago, I made some amazing progress in this area with the help of FlyLady but I haven't kept up with it in a while, and it shows.

Who is FlyLady? She's the one who set up a website and email list full of reminders and inspirational messages about house cleaning, designed for people, like herself, whom she calls "born disorganized". Not that her techniques couldn't work for the "born organized". But organized people just aren't as likely to need them.

The problem I've had with getting back into her system is that her webpage is, well, cluttered. Maybe cluttered isn't the right word. All the information is useful, but it's a bit overwhelming.

Luckily, she has a nice side link for beginners. It's set up with instructions for each of the first 31 days. Beginners used to get an email with 3 days worth of instructions. It will be interesting to see how the new structure works out.

Today, I'm going to start with number 1: SHINE YOUR SINK.

2 comments:

Leo said...

I did that first step too. XD

Susan said...

I've got step number 1 down pat, my sink is clean every night. The other steps need a little work...