eXTReMe Tracker WARNING: The opinions expressed and linked to in this blog are not necessarily mine (anymore).

My ideas are constantly changing as I learn. Sometimes they even change midway through writing a post.

Monday, October 23

Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

I was looking through my New Year's Resolutions. One of them was to be familiar with the Ten Commandments. I started some research into them and discovered some interesting things about them, but they aren't yet familiar.

Towards the end of being familiar, I intend to go through the text line by line.

Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
I find it interesting that it refers to the (possible) existence of other gods and accepts them. It doesn't say that there are no other gods or that they should not be worshipped - only that this God commands that he/it come first.

No comments: