eXTReMe Tracker WARNING: The opinions expressed and linked to in this blog are not necessarily mine (anymore).

My ideas are constantly changing as I learn. Sometimes they even change midway through writing a post.

Thursday, December 28

Commandments Six through Ten

Well, the end of the year is coming up fast, and since the rest of the commandments are fairly straight-forward, I'll list them here:

6. Thou shalt not kill.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's.


I think I have a rough understanding of them. What I don't have is a way to remember them. I've tried to come up with one word to represent the basic concept of each of them...
1. first
2. images
3. vain
4. Sabbath
5. parents
6. kill
7. adultery
8. steal
9. false
10. covet

I don't have any particular reason for deciding to learn this. I see it as part of getting a better understanding of the world's religions - starting with the one I'm exposed to most.

No comments: