eXTReMe Tracker WARNING: The opinions expressed and linked to in this blog are not necessarily mine (anymore).

My ideas are constantly changing as I learn. Sometimes they even change midway through writing a post.

Thursday, June 5

A few statements about Evolution

Rather than go into the details here, when they are explained elsewhere, I thought I'd state the misconceptions in the form of positive statements for easy reference. I have to admit, I was a little surprised by them considering how frequently I hear statements to the contrary:

1. Evolution has been observed.
2. Evolution does not violate the 2nd law of thermodynamics.
3. Thousands of transitional fossils exist.
4. The theory of evolution does not say that life originated, and evolution proceeds, by random chance.
5. Evolution is both a fact and a theory. A theory in scientific terms doesn't tell us anything about the likelihood of its certainty.

No comments: