eXTReMe Tracker WARNING: The opinions expressed and linked to in this blog are not necessarily mine (anymore).

My ideas are constantly changing as I learn. Sometimes they even change midway through writing a post.

Tuesday, May 24

   It occurs to me from time to time that I am unhappy with some of my writing here and consider taking all of them off-line until I can read through and decide whether I am comfortable having them online. 

   Then I read a few and realize that I do like some of them still although they could be a bit better written, and I hate to make all of it go away and lose the 13+ years I have put into it. I have almost 500 posts with almost 400 published. What I think I will do is make an effort to go through them one by one, on some sort of schedule, and either edit or remove them as I see fit. 

   If I did one per day, it would take over a year. I'd like it to go a bit faster - maybe by the end of the year. I have seen one blog author do "post bumps." I am not sure what she means by that, but I like the idea of moving old ones up to the top with revisions. I'm not sure whether I also want to keep the old one. Perhaps I could make it a point to read 5 per day and make a quick decision, yes or no, and then pick one to edit and bump up. Should I start with the beginning or the end? Maybe both and work towards the middle?

I am thinking from the end first as that is what most people will see first. 

No comments: